The Commission announced the Agenda for the January Open Meeting on Tuesday, January 31, 2017. The Commission will consider the following:
- Revisions to Public Inspection File Requirements – Broadcaster Correspondence File and Cable Principal Headend Location – The Commission will consider a Report and Order that would eliminate the requirement that commercial broadcast stations retain copies of letters and emails from the public in their public inspection file and the requirement that cable operators retain the location of the cable system’s principal headend in their public inspection file. The Commission will also consider General Counsel and Media actions as a consent agenda that will not be presented individually.
The January 31st meeting is scheduled to begin at 10:30 am and can be streamed live here: www.fcc.gov/live
Additionally, Chairman Pai announced a number of new and continuing appointments to Bureaus and Offices within the Commission. Notably, Pai announced Nese Guendelsberger as the Acting Chief of the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (“WTB”). Guendelsberger most recently served as the Deputy Bureau chief in the International Bureau, but has previously worked in the WTB and Wireline Competition Bureau as well.
Other new appointments are as follows:
- Michelle Carey, Acting Chief of the Media Bureau
- Michael Carowitz, Acting Chief of the Enforcement Bureau
- Lisa Fowlkes, Acting Chief of the Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau
- Kris Monteith, Acting Chief of the Wireless Competition Bureau
- Tom Sullivan, Acting Chief of the International Bureau
- Wayne A. Leighton, Acting Director of the Office of Strategic Planning and Policy Analysis
- Timothy Stachan, Acting Director of the Office of Legislative Affairs
Chairman Pai announced the following continuing appointments:
- Allison Kutler, Chief of the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
- Julius Knapp, Chief Engineer
- Mark Stephens, Managing Director
- Gary Epstein, Director of the Incentive Auction Task Force
- Sanford Williams, Acting Director of the Office of Communications Business Opportunities
- Mark Wigfield, Acting Director of the Office of Media Relations
- Larry Hudson, Acting Director of the Office of Workplace Diversity
Please feel free to contact us with any questions.